Cleveland, OH Attic Restoration-Wildlife Decontamination Service
Raccoons, bats, squirrels and mice all inhabit attics in Cleveland, OH. Wildlife feces carries a wide variety of disease organisms and parasites. Hantavirus from mice, Histoplasmosis from bats, and Raccoon Roundworm are serious diseases; and that is just to name a few!. A lot of these zoonotic diseases can actually be transmitted through airborne particles contacting the mucous membrane of your eyes. There are so many reasons to have your attic professionally cleaned after wildlife removal. Urine causes issues too- its not just the poop laying in plain sight. Urine penetrates into insulation, and wood. Often insulation will need to be removed and replaced. Damaged wood may need encapsulation to properly decontaminate it. Restoring your attic is a significant cost in the wildlife control process. It is an important investment, especially when young children occupy the home.
Contact Us For A Free Quote!
Members of The National Wildlife Control Operators Association.
Do Not Touch Raccoon Feces!
Most raccoon poop contains the eggs of a dangerous parasitic roundworm, Baylisascaris procyonis. These eggs are very resilient and will remain viable even after treating the droppings with a disinfectant. Once larvae develops within the eggs, they become infective. Roundworm is especially dangerous because it does not always remain in the intestine. The larvae can become deposited throughout the body, especially in the head. It is therefore easy to conclude that if you have a raccoon inside of your attic, you should not try to tackle the job yourself!
Wildlife Damage Repair Service
- Wildlife is removed from the attic by trapping them in cage traps set on the roof adjacent to the entry point.
- Exclusion repairs are made to prevent further entry into the structure. Most wildlife repairs are made by sealing the entry holes with sheet metal painted to blend into the home.
- Contaminated areas are treated with a disinfectant or an enzyme-based cleaning product. An atomizer mist blower applies the product to ensure total coverage.
- Fecal matter and other damaged material is double bagged for safe handling and removal.
- Blown in insulation can be removed with a large vacuum unit operated from the home’s exterior.
- Steam or specialized remediation products may be used to further treat structural components like wood.
- Fresh insulation is either blown in, or installed from batts or rolls.