We follow the City Of Lakewood Bed Bug Ordinance.
Before hiring your own bed bug exterminator in Cleveland, you must notify the owner promptly. This is for three reasons:
- In many cases, your Landlord contracts with a Cleveland pest control company of their own.
- If live bed bugs are found, we require that any adjacent units undergo a pest inspection too. This includes dwelling units across the hall, directly above, below, and on each side of your unit.
- Even if you live in a single family home, we require permission to treat from the Landlord.
Additionally the tenant must grant the owner, owner’s agent or contractors reasonable access to the property.
See Section 1306.34 of the City of Lakewood’s Property Maintenance Code.
- Preventing and exterminating infestations of bed bugs.
- Notifying contiguous units of a bed bug infestation in writing within 72 hours.
- Using a licensed pesticide applicator if structure has 4 or more units.
Beyond that, we do not get involved in who’s responsibility it is to pay for the service. For rentals in Lakewood with tenant/ landlord disputes, Call our friends at Lakewood Alive: (216) 521-0655.